My recent trip to Las Vegas was a whirlwind. I arrived on a Wednesday night at 11:50 pm and left Sin City a few days later on a bright sunny Saturday afternoon. Due to work, I barely came out of my room at the Caesars Palace for air until Friday night. Had I had more time I would have tackled a bit more of Vegas and would have made sure the following stops were on my must do list.
1) Visit the Aria Hotel. I’ve had a couple of friends rave about their stay at the hotel. Yah, I know I wouldn’t have had a chance to stay a night during this trip but I definitely would have wanted to stop by to check out one of the newest kids on the block.
2) Check out Red Rock Canyon. Situated right outside of Las Vegas, Red Rock Canyon offers a view of nature’s best and provides an awesome contrast to the Strip’s hustle and bustle and bright lights. A co-worker shared his personal pics of Red Rock Canyon and I was amazed! I’m not the outdoorsy girl but seeing the pics definitely piqued my interest in going to visit this treasure sitting just beyond Las Vegas’ front door.
3) Buy Celine Dion show tickets. She’s performing at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace from December 2011 through August 2012 and I would love to go back and see Ms. Thang do her thing on the big stage. My cousin who happened upon concert tickets during her first run and couldn’t name a Celine song prior to the show to save his life said he was amazed by her performance and would go to see her again with bells on. This is coming from a 40-something, football loving, All-American male, yes…he gave Celine a rousing review, all the more reason why I want to see her show.
4) See a Vegas production of a Cirque du Soleil show. There are plenty to choose from and the same cousin who fell head over heels over Celine’s show highly recommends the Beatles Cirque show. He went in not being able to name more than four Beatles’ songs, but walked out totally mesmerized.
5) Take a stroll on the Strip. Okay, I’ve done this before on previous trips to Las Vegas, but wasn’t able to do so this time. The weather played a factor one evening when it rained…yes rained! Strolling down the strip provides some of the greatest entertainment with people watching, window shopping and taking in everything that is Vegas!
What would you add to this list of things to do in Vegas?